Love, Loss and Facebook
My Year of Grief on the Run
Love, Loss and Facebook shows how our family lived through my husband’s catastrophic illness. It’s a tale of grief on the run, and about the online community that supported us. It’s about laughing, even snorting through heartache, because the original meaning of ‘humor’ was bodily fluids, and I’ve mopped up plenty of those. Even with a black humor escape valve, even though I ran from places, from people, from things that reminded me of Sean – I couldn’t outrun grief.
Please enjoy the first chapter which is linked below; I welcome your feedback. The memoir will be published as soon as I scrape together funds to publish a professionally edited and designed paperback book. An online edition will also be forthcoming. Thanks.
Authored by or about me:
· Couple find comfort in friends during illness – Spokesman Review, October, 2009
· Picken travels world with kids after death of spouse - Spokesman Review, April, 2012
· Inside Story: Dealing with grief – Bay of Plenty Times, July, 2015
· Comment: Happy birthday, and don’t forget to wear sunscreen – Bay of Plenty Times, January, 2018
· Comment: The dreamless sleep of a traveler – Bay of Plenty Times, February, 2018
· Personal Blog – Adventure Mom: http://pickendawn.blogspot.com/